I've lost track of the number of hours spent painting the shop so far. As I bought it complete with windows, doors etc. I couldn't see any alternative but to paint on an exterior effect and didn't like the option of gluing on paper. So I started out with the goal of creating an old sandstone effect. My first version looked like brickwork but the bricks were just a bit too large for the scale of the building. Didn't think that one out very well before I started. Photos can be seen to the right of the screen.
The next attempt resulted in larger stone blocks, but looked too blue. I later added some warmer tones but didn't take a photo of that, didn't like the colour combination at all.
My last version I think I'll keep. I think it's limestone, quite pale and neutral in colour. I added some nicely aged cast iron detail. Have some tidying up to do - need more practice with miniatures, whenever I fix up a spot of paintwork, I mess up an area next to it and have to clean that up - a bit clumsy in such a small scale.
Can't wait to make a start on the interior, still thinking about the look I want.
Vintage Woman in Beautiful Spain Costume Image!
8 hours ago