Hi and welcome to my blog. I hope you like my new look, I needed a change from black. Here you can share my miniature endeavours, perhaps be inspired by some of my photographs taken in France and of 'real world' treasures that can be made in miniature. My love of parterre-style gardens and study of horticulture made my decision for the theme of my little shop an easy one. I just hope I can successfully interpret my ideas in 1/12th scale!

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Antique German Kitchen Roombox

Some of you miniaturists may be interested in seeing this amazing antique German miniature kitchen I bought a couple of years ago. I found it at an amazing estate auction in the Blue Mountains, west of Sydney. I later sold it, but I still enjoy looking at the photographs.

Notice the fabulous matching dresser, wall shelf, table and chairs. Nice window treatment and great detail with many accoutrements. 

The buyer, from Perth, Western Australia, was lucky as I was about to embark on a road trip to Perth with my sister who now lives there. The room box took up most of the back seat of the car and was quite heavy. A whirlwind trip that took five days, my sister was determined to set a record. 

Took a few great photos on the way and stayed at one of the most remote road stops in the middle of the desert. The road signs along the way warned drivers to watch out for camels, kangaroos and dingoes but we never spotted a camel.


Extremely high temperatures, thank heavens for air conditioning.


3 comments:

  1. How you could part with that wonderful roombox? I just LOVE the wheathered look of it, that kind of aging is so difficult to achieve to a new house/roombox.

    Ira

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That´s so great roombox, lovely lovely details and all. I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it was delightful and very difficult to sell, but I'd spent more than ever before to win it at auction and was a bit nervous about spending so much. It was also quite large and I had no space to display it. It went to a good home anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I would love to hear what you think ...