Hi and welcome to my blog. I hope you like my new look, I needed a change from black. Here you can share my miniature endeavours, perhaps be inspired by some of my photographs taken in France and of 'real world' treasures that can be made in miniature. My love of parterre-style gardens and study of horticulture made my decision for the theme of my little shop an easy one. I just hope I can successfully interpret my ideas in 1/12th scale!

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Finishing Touches





I thought I would show my settee with the floral silk cushions which I think finish it off really well. This one is now sold but I hope to make another, if not exactly the same (the settee is now out of stock :(  ) then another along similar lines. I would love to have the skills to carve the wood myself.


I am thinking of a giveaway before Christmas, stay tuned.
A bientot!

9 comments:

  1. Te ha quedado tan fino,elegante,principesco...me encanta!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret, the settee is very pretty, and with floral cushions look fantastic!

    Magda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cushions. I have made my own in the past and appreciate how tricky they are to look "just right".
    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. The settee with the cushions is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love the silk cushions, Margaret, they are delicate and very stylish in this antique, warm cream/beige color :D!
    Thank you for your comment on my blog :)!
    Regarding your question: our Sinterklaas feast is just like your Christmas with the Santa Claus character. No, for most of us here Christmas is a more religious celebration in The Netherlands, although the younger people (mostly without children) nowadays celebrate Christmas like you....with presents. I guess I'm old fashioned and I just love celebrating of the lovely feast of Sinterklaas ;)!
    Have a nice weekend. Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Margaret, this is beautiful, the setee has a simple richness to it.
    All the best
    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooohh, I agree, the cushions finish it perfectly! It looks Gorgeous! I hope the settees come back in stock soon! You do beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I would love to hear what you think ...