Hi and welcome to my blog. I hope you like my new look, I needed a change from black. Here you can share my miniature endeavours, perhaps be inspired by some of my photographs taken in France and of 'real world' treasures that can be made in miniature. My love of parterre-style gardens and study of horticulture made my decision for the theme of my little shop an easy one. I just hope I can successfully interpret my ideas in 1/12th scale!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Last Garden Swap

This is the swap gift I have for Wanda, something to put in her potting shed. She liked the birdhouse on my blog, I also add a base to the cage I made a while ago, although I don't know what sort of bird might live in it, would have to be pretty big not to escape through the wires, hehe. They look quite nice with a small plant in them though. I am quite happy with the lavender I made, thought she could hang it to dry from the rafters. Also a weathered box always comes in hand in a potting shed. Hope she likes them.
Below is the lovely package I received from Wanda. She made the hyacinths at the front and added loads of bits and pieces to make up. I already have plans for the stack on the right of the photo and will post a shot of it when finished. Plus there are some printy boxes for me to make up. Thank you Wanda they will be great for the shop!


A bientot!

10 comments:

  1. Margaret,

    That is the best lavender I have ever seen!!!! I also love the wood crate. Everything looks great!

    Lucky you! Lovely hyacinths from Wanda! I love printies! I wish I could master that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Catherine, you should have seen me sticking by fingers together making the lavender, lol. And I will plant the hyacinths in tiny pots I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Margaret,
    Everything you are sending looks great. Glad I got the sneak peak. I can't wait to hang the dried flowers from the rafters of the garden shed. It's a great idea. I never thought of it. That's why it's so wonderful to swap, everyone has great ideas to bring to the table.
    Thanks again! Glad to know you received my items as well. I'm excited to see them used in your project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me gusta mucho todo lo que estas haciendo para el intercambio.
    La jaula me gusta mucho pero los manojos de lavanda estan perfectos.
    Los jacintos son preciosos.
    Besitos, May

    ReplyDelete
  5. Espectacular¡¡¡ muy buen trabajo.felicidades.Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great swap, I bet you're both happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unos preciosas miniaturas para el intercambio, enhorabuena a las dos.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  8. seguro que las dos le dan un buen sitio a todas esas cosas bellas.
    La lavanda me gusta muchísimo, es una de mis flores preferidas.
    un abrazo



    sure that they give him a good place to all those beautiful things.
    I really like Lavender, is one of my favorite flowers.
    a hug

    ReplyDelete
  9. ¡Seguro que le encanta! Esa lavanda es una maravilla y todo lo demás tambien.
    Besos Clara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I would love to hear what you think ...