Hi and welcome to my blog. I hope you like my new look, I needed a change from black. Here you can share my miniature endeavours, perhaps be inspired by some of my photographs taken in France and of 'real world' treasures that can be made in miniature. My love of parterre-style gardens and study of horticulture made my decision for the theme of my little shop an easy one. I just hope I can successfully interpret my ideas in 1/12th scale!

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

I've Made My Bed ...






Welcome to any new followers and nice to see you all here. We are well into the New Year already, hope it will be a good one for all of us.
This is my latest pink bed made to order, at last I was able to retrieve the original design for the bed ends which is my favourite. This is a very pretty bed and has a bit of a French look about it I think. Would be lovely in an olde worlde bedroom, French or whatever. I can make more pink chests of drawers with mirror if anyone wants them also.
Need to catch up on blog postings, I am sure I've missed lots of goodies, my internet has been so slow it wasn't worth trying to do much, seems a bit faster now, can't wait until we get broadband connection.
I am about to get back to working on my little Greenleaf Orchid kit, I started making changes to the windows then came to a halt, unable to decide whether to change them completely or not. I think they will be a bit smaller than the originals but have to work out how to go about it as I've never done much building before. I might have some pics to show before too long. Then of course there is the dreaded **wiring**. Never done that before either, we'll see how I go.
That's all for now,
A bientot!

32 comments:

  1. Una cama preciosa!!! Ideal para tener buenos sueños!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pilar, yes hopefully happy dreams for the mini people.

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful bed. I bet the recipient will be thrilled with it. Do you make your own bedding? It looks extremely fine. Good luck with the Orchid kit..look forward to seeing some photos of it =0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Pepper I do make the bedding, pillows with hand-sewn lace, bedcover stitched on the machine. Glad you like it!

      Delete
  3. me parece una cama preciosa, y quedara bien en cualquier sitio que la pongas
    lo de la banda ancha para internet es fantastico , espero que tengas pronto la oportunidad
    estoy deseando ver esa estructura

    besitos

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari, Yes I'm looking forward to broadband, sounds like you have it already.

      Delete
  4. this is beautiful, I love the shade of pink and the lace cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Margaret. I agree with your wiring comment - scary! I vow to finish the wiring in my Mountfield though, and then never be afraid of wiring again......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon, A good attitude, I will persevere.

      Delete
  6. Lovely bed, what a wonderful job you have done.

    jenn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Margaret,
    The bedding is just lovely. What a spectacular piece it is...The design in the fabric, the color you chose, the bedding...simply wonderful! I am looking forward to seeing pictures of the Orchid.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Giac, Your feedback is much appreciated.

      Delete
  8. Hi Margaret! The new bed you've made looks absolutely wonderful. The bedding has such a delicate and soft look, it's very stylish :D! Pink is absolutely not my favorite color, but this bed is very of my liking ;)!
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Ilona, I agree pink is not always appropriate but if you want a pretty, olde worlde look it can add warmth and a feminine touch.

      Delete
  9. Maravillosa, tanto la cama como la forma en que la has vestido. Un saludo, Eva

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your bed is beautiful. Oh to have a RL one! If only it were as easy! Wiring I think is a monster a lot of us are afraid of. I know I was. But it is a beastie easily wrangled!! Check twice and cut,glue etc once!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Carrie, and good advice I must try to remember, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow your work is absolutely beautiful , amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a bit late, but thank you so much Frederica, I appreciate your dropping by.

      Delete
  13. Your bed is so sweet and beautiful, love the color and the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That bed is absolute gorgeousness! The color is so soft. And if you hate wiring check out battery operated light bulbs. That's what I use. It's super simple. But you have so much talent. I have no doubt you will master wiring too. :)
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Caroline, I am pleased you like it. I must try battery opp lights soon.

      Delete
  15. I don't know how I ever missed this posting of yours Margaret, but shame on Me! This pink bed is fit for a princess and you have dressed it like a fairy godmother would have. I LOVE IT! The pattern on the padded footboard, goes with the cushions that I won from your giveaway, last year too, sigh..... :D
    As to the wiring. My advise is to use the hard wire and not the tape. I have had more grief with the tape than I ever did with the hard wire. The only reservations is where to hide the wire as it runs trough the house. Along the baseboards is good and channels cut into the floor from room to room is another solution. Also underneath the underside of the main floor through the crawl space. It is not hard and it is really only scary before you begin but once you have it figured out, it is a piece of cake. Believe me, If I can do it, have no fear Margaret, you can too! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Elizabeth, Yes that design on the bed is one I lost when the laptop died, but I finally found it again and adjusted it for my use. Thanks for the encouragement regarding the wiring, I know I just have to make a start. I have the wires etc, need a small chandelier or two, perhaps I should have another go at making them, some of the ready-made ones would be too big for these rooms. Another project for the to-do list, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know this is a post that you wrote a while ago, but I still wanted to say that the bed is gorgeous and I just LOVE the pink shade. :) Thanks for visiting me, I hope you are having a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. İ saw your blog today. Very nice. İ am waiting my blog. Minyaturvehobi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I would love to hear what you think ...