Hi and welcome to my blog. I hope you like my new look, I needed a change from black. Here you can share my miniature endeavours, perhaps be inspired by some of my photographs taken in France and of 'real world' treasures that can be made in miniature. My love of parterre-style gardens and study of horticulture made my decision for the theme of my little shop an easy one. I just hope I can successfully interpret my ideas in 1/12th scale!

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Thank you Natalia

Mathilde's lovely needlework prize from Natalia at Scarlet Sails Miniatures arrived on Friday, I (er, rather she) was really excited. We cannot believe the fine stitching involved, I can only see it with my strong glasses on. Mathilde will enjoy working on the background, although she likes to have a 'work in progress' on show for visitors to admire, so it may remain like this for some time. She will be putting the delightful slippers away for next winter. The chair is lovely too, so with the little box of threads won from Susan at Mini Crochet Mad some time ago, she can get comfortable and indulge herself in doing some quiet needlework.  

The little dog is a spaniel I have had for a while, but Mathilde would dearly love a Golden Retriever to add to the menagerie.  Speaking of which, I couldn't resist taking a shot of my Puddles, who took the opportunity to explore the interior of the Petit Parterre after I removed all the bits and pieces that had accumulated in there. Eeeek! Giant cat on the prowl.  


Mathilde has been looking at fabris etc for her rooms above the shop, and you can see a glimpse of what has been keeping me busy (and a bit frazzled) lately. More pics of that later. Meanwhile WELCOME new followers and all visitors, it is always good to hear from you. Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.

A bientot!

23 comments:

  1. Wonderful prizes--congratulations! Your little scene looks fantastic! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer, You must be up very late or very early!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your win! The stitching of the dog looks like the dog standing at Mathilde's feet. That photo of Puddles looking out through the dollhouse door is priceless! Mathilde will be kept busy for a while. Hope she enjoys needlework!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucille, I think Puddles was feeling trapped as I had to shut her in to get a photo, but don't tell anyone.D

      Delete
  3. Margaret, I am glad to know the parcel arrived saved and Mathilde can enjoy the gifts. Greetings, Natalia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you again Natalia, the fine stitching is almost beyond belief, so neat it looks almost as good from the back!

      Delete
  4. Oh Margaret, this last picture of Gulliver cat in Lilliput house is GREAT :-)
    The look of the cat speaks volumes about his concern about the situation in which it is located ...
    Beautiful gifts that you have received: the petit point panel is extraordinary ...
    Good weekend to you too
    Flora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Flora, It is funny how cats seem drawn to mini houses, they must like small spaces. I had to get a shot too,she looked so cute.

      Delete
  5. Dear Margaret,
    Congratulations ! The scene you created looks wonderful !
    Greetings Dorien.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Margaret! What a wonderful price to win - Congrats! But also your "trapped" Puddles in the last picture is wonderful :-)
    Greetings, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the fine needlepoint you have won. It seems to fit nicely into your house.
    Hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Margaret to your lovely gift.Isn't the work of Natalia amazing?!But your whole scene looks very pretty. Smiled about the second photo:-)! Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your wonderful prize Natalia is very talented. Beautiful scene. Haha wonderful picture of the cat in the house.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful scene!Pretty gifts! Lucky you Margaret! The last photo is fantastic!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enhorabuena por tus fantasticos regalos, has creado una preciosa escena.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Margaret! The gift (prize of) Natalia is awesome, so delicate this work! Congrats for winning this prize and of Susan's prize too ;)
    Greetings, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Margaret,
    It is just wonderful. Absolutely beautiful and it looks great in the room.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so lucky! I bet you are just thrilled with them!

    Love the pic of the cat peeking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats for your price!
    Your scene looks pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Margaret!
    I am very happy for your visiting my blog, thanks for your nice comment.
    Congratulations on your prize is absolutely beautiful!
    Ohhh the cat is so lovely!
    Have a good weekend!
    A hug!
    Amary

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aaaaww, I love the pic of Puddles !
    Thank you for visting my blog with the scary witches :-)

    Cheers,
    Elly ( Amsterdam)

    ReplyDelete
  18. PRECIOSO EL GATO EN LA CASITA!!!!
    SALUDITOS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I would love to hear what you think ...