Hi and welcome to my blog. I hope you like my new look, I needed a change from black. Here you can share my miniature endeavours, perhaps be inspired by some of my photographs taken in France and of 'real world' treasures that can be made in miniature. My love of parterre-style gardens and study of horticulture made my decision for the theme of my little shop an easy one. I just hope I can successfully interpret my ideas in 1/12th scale!

Monday, August 3, 2015

She's Grown!

Look at those muddy paws, amazingly Lily dries off and looks (almost) perfectly clean in no time, lol. She is still a bit of a terror but so cute and lively, a bit spoilt I must admit too. Taking her to agility training this week, will see how she takes to it.

Also thought I would share my latest bedroom suite, which is now sold. I love this Bespaq suite it is so nicely detailed. I will be doing one in white for another client and look forward to seeing how it looks, will post a pic of it when done.
I hope everyone in the northern hemisphere has been enjoying your summer, we have been shivering through a rather cold winter for us, around 15 deg celsius on average, but yesterday it was 28 deg locally. We took Lily to a new beach we hadn't visited before, it is beautiful. There is a recently built surf lifesaving clubhouse, with attached restaurant on the first floor, while downstairs a nice cafe with lots of outdoor tables, and best of all it is pooch friendly. It was very popular, should have taken some pics. There is new landscaping still being constructed so we look forward to seeing it all finished. I feel Spring is in the air, now I can come out of my semi-hibernation, lol.

A bientot!



16 comments:

  1. Hi Margaret! It so cool to see the changes in Lily! Her ears have gotten darker and her eyes more expressive! She is a charmer for sure. :))
    Your French bedroom suite is a Real Charmer too! The color that you have chosen for the wood finish, as well as the way that you have dressed the bed is all so Tres Chic, so I'm not surprised to learn that you have an order pending for another set. Truly Beautiful, BEAUTIFUL Work! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth, Yes she has changed, still awfully cute thought, best thing is her teeth which were a problem have resolved themselves nicely, the vet recommended removal of her lower eye teeth at the time. I must take her back to show the vet how things have sorted themselves out.
      Glad you like the suite!

      Delete
  2. Hi Margaret
    Your furniture is awesome!
    Where was thr surf club you went to?
    Weather in Sydney has been unreal since we got back from Canada last week.
    Keep up the great work, Regards, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, Thought you were going to be away longer. The weather is generally warming up but reeeally cold up here today. The surf club is at Shelly Beach, don't know what was there before. It was nice for an outdoor cafe that is dog-friendly. Lots of fencing off at the moment while the landscaping gets a hold but we'll definitely be making it our 'regular'.

      Delete
  3. Aw, bless her paws. She still looks as adorable as she did when she was a wee pup. Lovely bedroom suite too. The gorgeous photo shows it off at it's best =0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had to come and see your latest works and wow! I love this one and the sofas and everything. The textiles are perfect in every piece. Excellent work! And what a cutie Lily is! The summer here in northern Europe has been cold and rainy... More time to do minithings when you don't have to go to the beach etc. Looking at the bright side... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliments Miia, and good to hear you are looking on the bright side. I hate it though when it seems to rain most of the summer. I think we are in for a hot one here though, there has already been a large bushfire west of Sydney, in the Blue Mountains.

      Delete
  5. Hello Margaret,
    She is just stunning. what a beautiful girl. I hope training goes well. The set you transformed is stunning! Brilliant work!
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Giac, Will post a report of her agility training if it goes ahead, weather allowing. She seems to need more activity to keep her happy. Glad you like the bedroom suite!

      Delete
  6. Aw...cute doggy :) ...and your work on those furniture is brillant dear Marg !
    Mini hugs from Pipi :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw...cute doggy :) ...and your work on those furniture is brillant dear Marg !!!
    Mini hugs from Pipi :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Margaret, that is stunning! That bedroom suite is also on my want list, and seeing yours is making me drool! Beautiful work again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Pepper, Pipi and Shannon for your kind comments, I don't seem able to access 'reply', glad you like my pup and furniture makeover, I must say I do love them both, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lily is a big girl now. She has gorgeous coloring. It's so fun to see them grow. That bedroom suite is stunningly gorgeous!
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Margaret, I've just found your lovely site. I love Lily, she looks adorable. Your bedroom suite is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a bit remiss for not replying to those last two lovely comments, thank you Caroline and Polly, I must post a new pic of her, and perhaps a new mini, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I would love to hear what you think ...