Hi and welcome to my blog. I hope you like my new look, I needed a change from black. Here you can share my miniature endeavours, perhaps be inspired by some of my photographs taken in France and of 'real world' treasures that can be made in miniature. My love of parterre-style gardens and study of horticulture made my decision for the theme of my little shop an easy one. I just hope I can successfully interpret my ideas in 1/12th scale!

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My American Immigrants


Today I am so pleased to welcome my new little friends all the way from Portland, Oregan USA. When I arrived home from the shops there was a small box left on my doorstep, and this is what was inside, and it made my day! I was the lucky winner of Kristy's fabulous giveaway, the prize being the Raccoon which I chose from Kristy's fantastic menagerie of tiny critters. She also made me a Koala to keep Raccoon company as well as the little overnight bag for them. Racoon looks right at home while Koala is busy checking out this new place that seems strangley like home already. My photos do not do them justice, they are so perfect, thanks Kristy. If you want to check out more of Kristy's amazing animals, go to her blog http://minimenagerie.blogspot.com

They are photographed on the table of the setting I made the week before last. It is a prototype and needs some adjustments, I have simply put some paper circles on the seats as I haven't made cushions for the chairs yet. It is something I need to work on a little more to improve.

A bientot, from Petit Parterre

13 comments:

  1. They are absolutely fabulous! I love Kristy's work :) And your table and chairs look wonderful, I've made the same looking ones, but I can tell you the end result wasn't as beautiful, the wire doesn't seem to like me that much :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats again! They are fantastic! I hope you will show us the chairs done!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lucky lady, what a nice and wonderfull gift :-))
    groetjes Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  4. A couple of cute little fellows you have there Margaret, lucky gal :)

    Like the French chairs a lot! I haven't tried them yet.

    Very nice new look to your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margaret!!! They are so lovely!! Have to go to Kristy's page and see it!!!
    Hugs,
    Meli

    ReplyDelete
  6. The raccoon with the suitcase is a show! You were really lucky :-)
    Because these animals are very keen to walk around the gardens, I'm sure him will find at ease among the furniture that you did...
    When the job is done, I'm sure will be beautiful!
    Reguards, flora

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hurray! He made it! And look at that beautiful home, they are spoiled! I love the table and chairs you've made.
    Glad they arrived safe and sound Margaret, and very happy you like them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the yard I would love to have, it suits the Petit Parterre.

    Ira, I have a battle with wire too, but I recently discovered a tool used in jewellery making that bends wires but not sure if I could use it yet, I'll let you know when I try it.

    Ewa, thanks, I will show my new and improved version soon I hope.

    Ingrid, yes I feel very lucky!

    Norma, thank you, but your own setting looks fabulous!

    Thanks Meli, sure you will find plenty you like!

    Flora, thank you, hope you could see the koala, he is unfortunately looking the other way!

    Kristy, thanks again am very happy with them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Die Sitzecke sieht klasse aus...

    Liebe Grüße PuNo/Monika

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Monika, I wish my garden was like that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cute little new friend is absolutely gorgeous!
    Your table and chairs are fantastic, I really love them!!
    Hugs,
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  12. how CUTE! Gosh you inspire me to work on my dollhouse. I love all your little bits and pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love to see one of Kristis racoons at your home. I'm in love with them too! Hopefully a cousin of your little critter will come to Berlin one day.
    Your chair will look beautiful with the cushions!I hope, you'll show us pictures.
    And I just saw, that I'm not listed as a follower to your blog. Perhaps I only copied your blog in my dashboard and forgot to sign in. But now it's official!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I would love to hear what you think ...