Hi and welcome to my blog. I hope you like my new look, I needed a change from black. Here you can share my miniature endeavours, perhaps be inspired by some of my photographs taken in France and of 'real world' treasures that can be made in miniature. My love of parterre-style gardens and study of horticulture made my decision for the theme of my little shop an easy one. I just hope I can successfully interpret my ideas in 1/12th scale!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Greetings from Sydney

This is the wonderful view of Sydney that Janne may be lucky enough to see when she arrives for her shopping spree while all the department store sales are on. As she will only be in town a couple of days there won't be much time for sightseeing as she will be spending most of her time in the shops. Of course I couldn't go shopping in Sydney without calling in first to my mecca, David Jones on Elizabeth street. I discovered it is the oldest store in the world that is still trading under it's original name, fancy that! This particular store is really special, the building I believe dates to the 1920s and in Spring there is always an awesome floral display on the ground floor. The windows displays are something to see at Christmas time too! You can always identify a DJs shopper by the black and white houndstooth patterned shopping bags.

Janne's treats are on their way to faraway Norway, but she may have to wait six to 10 days for them. Hope she likes the results of her shopping!

9 comments:

  1. ahh... i may be biased, but there is no place like home !!! but a holiday would be nice...... i am sure she will love her treats !!
    christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are throwing in spending money I'd like to join you! I can be at David Jones in just 20 minutes.... wait for me!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This view is breath-taking and very very modern.
    In Germany we haven`t something like this.
    All is older,perhaps there are some crazy houses in Berlin or Hamburg.
    Margaret, my miniature dolls don`t been mini-mes, but my inner child is happy to have them and so I make dresses for them and they belong to the dollhouse, I "play" a little bit.

    So long
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margaret, what a lovely view of Sydney!!!! Cann't help it... but when I see a photo of any place of Australia... I wish I could go back at least for a visit!!!
    Thanks for the photo!!!
    Warm regards,
    Meli

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deba ser un sitio maravilloso!!!
    Sube fotos de las compras.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Margaret! My husband was in Sydney about 18 years ago .... says it's huge and beautiful! I like to visit, you can make other photos so that we can all travel with the imagination?? I also want to shop in the antique shop .. ha ha!
    kisses, Caterina

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you like the photos, Norma, sorry, if I had won ozlotto I would indeed shout your a shopping spree:(
    Nina, what old buildings remain are very much treasured here. I love the really ancient buildings to be found in Europe and the UK.

    It is a great postcard view of the city, looks very summery but have had the coldest June days in 61 years, brrrr.
    Caterina, I'll see what I can find!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ich beneide Sie, würde Sydney auch gerne mal wieder besuchen. Noch ganz viel Spaß auf Ihrer Reise.

    Liebe Grüße PuNo/Monika

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH Sydney is a beautiful place!
    I miss that city we used to visit at least every 3 months
    We are just too far away now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I would love to hear what you think ...