That is how it's been lately, working on candelabras whenever I can. Have had quite a few problems but think I have worked out a major one. I was having a lot of trouble with the solder not 'taking' properly. I had noticed a funny waxy residue around the soldered areas and thought it must be residue from the flux. It suddenly dawned on me that when I was busily making candles I had dripped candle wax all over my work area, including the little container of flux I have been using. It was contaminated with candle wax.
So I cleaned it all out, filed off the dirty solders which were a bit wobbly anyway and started again. A little easier this time but still have a few problems. This one is a little smaller than the first few which were made to go on larger outdoor tables for casual summer dining. his one is sort of shabby chic. I may add little brass candle holders tomorrow, haven't decided yet.