Hi and welcome to my blog. I hope you like my new look, I needed a change from black. Here you can share my miniature endeavours, perhaps be inspired by some of my photographs taken in France and of 'real world' treasures that can be made in miniature. My love of parterre-style gardens and study of horticulture made my decision for the theme of my little shop an easy one. I just hope I can successfully interpret my ideas in 1/12th scale!

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My Fair Booty


As promised these are the little pieces I bought at the Sydney Miniatures Fair last Saturday. Of course the wardrobe and desk I bought from Linda's sale (Une Petite Folie) and she kindly carried them to Sydney for me. She also generously included two of the wire chairs (one shown at the back) for free!

I bought just some small things for the Petit Parterre, a ladder and paint tin for the painter to work with; a large wooden barrel for one of my large trees (it is really a washbowl for an old-fashioned laundry); a lovely old-style English wheelbarrow and a birdhouse, all these from the same gentleman, I think he is Mr Courtney from Mt Colah in Sydney; and some metal buckets and washtub in which to display flowers. That's it. Oh, I forgot the lovely little petit-pointe embroidery, it may turn into a few cushions, chair or stool cover, we'll see.



I have shown a view of my shop interior, rather plain. The painter came to look at it, ready to start work. I have already had a go at the windows which were painted a shade of green I didn't much like. Then I decided I may have to get the builders in to put in a French door at the back of the shop, it is so dark and the door will lead to the outdoor garden area that may come in future. Also perhaps a window at the back of the top left-hand room where customers can plan and discuss their garden designs. It will also be a display room. Haven't quite decided on the smaller room, it's a little too small for a double bed, have to think on it. Might need a window there also. Of course there will need to be a door leading to the stairway behind??

8 comments:

  1. How funny Margaret, I came close to buying one of those ladders!! You are right that the maker's name is Mr Courtney, his phone number (for Australian callers)is 02-9476 1741 and he makes pretty much anything you want to order from your measurements - a handy man (no pun intended!) to know about. He had some nice 'quality' handmade pieces on his table.

    Nice to see the interior of your property :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your pieces look so lovely together....I didn't see the little bird house, it looks so sweet. The wheelbarrow is a wonderful, now I shall look forward with interest to see what happens with all these lovely miniatures.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Norma and LInda for your comments. Norma good to know I have the name right, I really like the quality of this work. Linda I hope you won't be shocked with how I age the desk. I will eventually get it looking how I want, after several reincarntations and mind changing, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the desk looks fabulous, I have another that I shall be using...as yet still in kit form...but I too am going to age it etc...I love what you have done with it!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enhorabuena!!!!
    Me encantan tus compras, son una maravilla
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your purchases. You see that have been chosen wisely!
    Petit parterre slowly takes shape ...
    Good work, Flora

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your kind comments, Linda I wonder how different the desk will look when we both finish with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have gotten some treasures! I especially love the ladder and the paint can and the little topiary trees on the back :)

    Wonderful stuff,

    Ira

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I would love to hear what you think ...